Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Mayo 9, 2013

Travel CHALLENGE Day 3: Bacolod City to Iloilo City

It was really an awesome adventure in the cities of Bacolod, Talisay and Silay. I appreciated their culture, history and food. :)

Oh wait, before my farewell to Bacolod City, I should buy the famous Bongbong's Piaya. Yes, their delicacy that was oh so yummy! :) I spent 152 pesos for it. :) Since I didn't take my breakfast at the Captel, I consumed some of the piaya to ease my hunger. ;)

Bong Bong's Piaya
photo credits to ZTYR.FILES
From the store, together with me was Enrico Dee, who was also going to Iloilo City because he was going to judge for the Paraw Regatta in Iloilo City, a day after. We took a trike going to the port. It was 10:20 AM already as we arrived the port and paid 30 pesos for the trike. Then, I bought my ticket for a ferry going to Iloilo City that I paid for 335 pesos. According to Enrico, a round trip ticket was cheaper than a one-way because most of the time, the return ticket was discounted. Well, I didn't know about that so I just went on it and I didn't have any choice but to ride on that ferry. hahaha
Iloilo City Port

It was my first time to cross Bacolod City to Iloilo City. There I experienced a port with terminal fee of 20 pesos per pax. :) Around a quarter before 11 AM, the ferry went off the port and then ends my Bacolod City acquaintance. :) Inside the ferry, I noticed someone that I am really familiar of, though not really a fan, but I knew that person was a band member... I even asked Enrico if he knew that person. Well, oh well, it might be a look-alike. At 12 noon, the ferry arrived Iloilo port. It was hot but a warm welcome to explore the City of Iloilo again. :)

As the passengers were getting off the ferry, I saw that some passengers were taking photos with the person I saw earlier. Oh yeah, he's a band member of Parokya ni Edgar... Yeah, I knew it! It was my first time to ride a ferry and saw a familiar personality (though it took me some time to assure myself that it was him... lol).

Me and Vinci Montaner of Parokya ni Edgar
Tentenentenen... I was with Vinci Montaner from Bacolod City to Iloilo City.

After that moment of being with a star, my friend fetched us at the sea port and went to the hotel. It was already lunch time then... So, we went to a nearby food house, where I ordered for a boneless bangus that amounted 72 pesos.
Boneless Bangus with Green Mango
Were you familiar of atsara? This meal had a side dish like the atsara. Instead of using the meat of papaya, they used the meat of green mango instead. :) It was just enough to relief my hunger. :) 

Enrico then had a friend who invited him around and I chose to sleep in the hotel as it was really a tiring adventure. :) Then, went out for a dinner, then back to the hotel again.

Expenses report Day 3:

Fare - P7 (Captel to near the port)
Pasulubong - P152
Fare - P30 (trike going to the port)
Ticket - P335 (ferry)
Terminal fee - P20
Food - P72 (lunch)
*Good thing my dinner was sponsored.
TOTAL - P616

3rd day of the Travel Challenge Total Expense: P1879.25



4 (na) komento:

  1. I almost experienced crossing to Bacolod from Iloilo. Too bad hindi natuloy hehe

    Anyway, following you now on GFC. Hope you can follow back. :)

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Hi Kat! Thanks for dropping by, hehehhe. sayang, cross the Guimaras Strait, it's cool though with bumpy waves. heheheh... next kong itatry, From Davao to Kalibo to Iloilo. :) Slow masyado ako, san yung GFC? sensya na hahahha

      Burahin
  2. I tried na yung from Iloilo to Boracay hehe

    GFC is Google Friend Connect. Yung nasa right sidebar mo (Mga tagasunod) ;)

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. There, following you already sa GFC. hehehhe, uu nga pala, tagalog ang mga texts ko with google. even the reply says tumugon. hahahhaha... yeah, I am told to try Davao Kalibo Iloilo Bacolod Dumaguete Cebu Bohol Camiguin Cagayan de Oro Bukidnon Davao!!! whew... hahahha soon... road trip lang, back packing, siguro mga 10 days yan :)

      Burahin