Mga Pahina

Martes, Marso 12, 2013

Travel CHALLENGE Day 2 Part 1: Bacolod City to Silay City

I had a great rest at the Captel. I woke early in the morning and prepared myself for a whole day trip to Silay City to navigate the 31 ancestral houses. Then, after touring around Silay City's ancestral houses, I went to Talisay City to see the beauty of the famous architectural structure in Negros Occidental - the Ruins.

Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol

On the first stop of the day, I went at the lagoon of the Provincial Capitol of Negros Occidental around 8:30 AM. Then, I took some photos of the Capitol.

The lagoon area was a public park where a lot of people jogged and walked around. The place was so clean and refreshing. Since, the place was so beautiful, I couldn't allow myself to miss any photos with the Capitol. :)

Hmmm... Unfortunately, I was on a solo travel. No one could take the photo for me. So, I just set the timer to have this attractive view. I took four shots, and these were the photos.


I laughed out loud to myself as I saw the photos. The first one almost perfect, but my body was cut. Then, the second photo had my head cut. The third one, the same, a body portion was cut. Lastly, it was there, but a passerby was included. Well, it was okay, it was a solo travel, right? lol :p

After the photo session at the lagoon, I then rode a jeepney going to the North Terminal of Bacolod City then to Silay City. I was really clueless about the must-see views in Silay City, but some flyers at the airport gave me some idea what to expect in the peaceful and clean city of Silay.


Silay City was awarded as the BEST TOURISM ORIENTED CITY in 2012. I got wowed with their award from the Department of Tourism. So, I had to find out what the city had to offer. With so much delight, the city was a live museum of ancestral houses of the rich hacienderos of the province. There were a number of ancestral houses to be sought after. Here's the map:

Heritage Walk Map
Indeed, Silay City never failed me. I felt the essence of having the award as the best tourism oriented city. The map was the evidence. This was a very helpful tool for me so I could navigate the 31 ancestral houses  in the city. With this map, my mission to complete the 31 ancestral houses could be achieved! :)

Expense Report:
Fare - P8 (jeepney Capitol to North Terminal)
Fare - P13 (jeepney North Terminal to Silay City)
TOTAL - P21

Up next - Part 2: Roster of the Ancestral Houses.

2 komento:

  1. Wow! Thank you for blogging about this place. I wish I could visit it soon. From your words, it seems the place is really nice ;D

    TumugonBurahin
    Mga Tugon
    1. Thank you for dropping by debie :) yeah, it is indeed a great place to be... :)

      Burahin